Check Here for Latest COVID-19 Related Tax Updates

phone: 978.774.3000    fax: 978.774.8170    185 Centre St., Danvers, MA 01923

Are You a Recently Married Taxpayer?

If so, let me start off by saying congratulations!!! The end of the wedding season is upon us which means many of you will now be filing married as opposed to single. A new life also creates new tax changes.

One of the biggest issues when filing your new tax status on your return will be the change in your last name. Your name and social security number need to match what is on your tax return. This means it is very important to notify the Social Security Administration after you get married to report your name change. You will need to file Form SS-5 which is available at their website or by calling 800-772-1213.

Good luck on your new tax journey and as always, consult your tax advisor on all the above issues.


Leave a Reply