Check Here for Latest COVID-19 Related Tax Updates

phone: 978.774.3000    fax: 978.774.8170    185 Centre St., Danvers, MA 01923

Are you Newly Married?

If the answer is yes and your last name has also changed then it is important to know that you need to report the name change to the Social Security Administration. This is an issue we often see in our office with newlyweds. Not filing the name change with the SSA may cause a delay in the filing of your tax returns. To report the name change you will file Form SS-5, which is available on or by calling 800-772-1213.

Please consult your tax advisor on all of the above information and “Like” us on Facebook for your chance to win gift certificates to great local restaurants,


Leave a Reply