Check Here for Latest COVID-19 Related Tax Updates

phone: 978.774.3000    fax: 978.774.8170    185 Centre St., Danvers, MA 01923

I am on Extension, When do I Need to Pay my Taxes Owed?

The answer to that question is as soon as possible. An extension is an extension of time to file, not an extension to pay. So if there is any amount due with your tax return once it is completed, you should pay it as soon as you can because penalties and interest accrue.

Also something to keep in mind is that if you cannot resolve any issue you have with the IRS over the phone, you can request a face to face meeting. You need to call the IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center(TAC) to schedule an appointment. You can do this by calling 844-545-5640 or you can use the following IRS link to help find the closest IRS TAC, check the days/hours of operation, and a list of services they provide.

Please contact your tax advisor on all the above information.

Leave a Reply