phone: 978.774.3000    fax: 978.774.8170    185 Centre St., Danvers, MA 01923

Obtaining an Employer Identification Number (EIN) for a New Business

If you recently started a new business one of the first things you need to do in terms of taxes is to obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS. The EIN number is also known as the Federal Tax Identification Number , it is a nine digit number assigned to you by the IRS. This number is given to businesses for the purpose of identification in the United States. You apply for this number online at the IRS website:

Please consult a tax advisor on all the above issues.

Leave a Reply