Check Here for Latest COVID-19 Related Tax Updates

phone: 978.774.3000    fax: 978.774.8170    185 Centre St., Danvers, MA 01923

How to Obtain Your Prior Year Tax Records

Taxpayers often need their prior year tax return information for a number of different reasons but may experience a little trouble trying to get it. A great way to obtain this information is to request a transcript from the IRS, a transcript is a record of what was filed on the tax return. Taxpayers should always keep a copy of their tax returns as soon as they complete them but if for some reason you were unable to, getting a transcript is the next best thing.

The best way to obtain a copy of your transcript is to obtain it online from the IRS. The link to do this is the following:

There is also an option within the above link to obtain your transcript by regular mail as well. A third option you can use is to call the IRS directly at 800-908-9946.

Please consult your tax advisor on all the above information.

Leave a Reply