Check Here for Latest COVID-19 Related Tax Updates

phone: 978.774.3000    fax: 978.774.8170    185 Centre St., Danvers, MA 01923

Options if you need Copies of Prior Year’s Tax Returns

Taxpayers often need copies of their prior year returns for various reasons, one reason would be that you are applying for a loan. If you do not have a copy of your return there are a few different options that you have to get one:

• Ask your tax preparer – if you have your taxes professionally prepared the firm should have copies of your prior year’s returns.
• Ask your software provider for a copy.
• Get a transcript of your return from the IRS – you have a few different options to obtain this from the IRS:

1) Online:
2) By phone: 800-908-9946
3) By mail, you can fill out Form 4506-T or Form 4506T-EZ:

If you would like an actual copy of your tax return from the IRS, you can mail in Form 4506 but there is a $50 fee per copy. The IRS has available the current year and the six years prior.

Please consult your tax advisor on all the above information.

Leave a Reply